MVA Club Live (TUPE Club)
Tobacco Use Prevention Education
Sponsored by the San Diego County Office of Education
All MVA students are invited to join our CLUB LIVE- TUPE Health Club and participate in a variety of anti-tobacco activities on our campus and in our community.
We meet every Thursday, during lunch in Mrs. Thompson’s Room #404
2013/14 School Year Calendar of TUPE Events- MVA
- October 12, 2013: YDI Youth Development Institute Leadership training, 4 MVA CLUB LIVE students were selected to attended
- October 20, Sunday: “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” walk, American Cancer Society Balboa Park, 4 K walk, ACS waiver required, for community service hours.
- October 21-31 : Red Ribbon Week: anti-tobacco activity (coordinate with CIS)
- November 9: “Fight for Air” walk, American Lung Association Embarcadero, Sea Port Village, waiver required, community service
- TUPE SD Walk 2013 FLYER (47)
Fight for air 5 k walk at embarcadero on Nov 10
- November 21: “Teens Kick ASH!”, American Cancer Society, lunch-time Anti-tobacco interactive activities, smoking cessation opportunities and info.
- Feb 3 rd – Feb 25th TNT Towards No Tobacco Curriculum in 7th grade P.E. classes
- February 13: “Save-a-SweetHeart”, CLUB LIVE designed and distributed Valentine’s to all students with anti-tobacco messages.
- March 8 & 9: Spring Jam, 4 CLUB LIVE students will attend YDI, at Camp Cuyamaca in Julian
- March 19: “Kick Butts Day”, anti-tobacco activities
- April 19: “Creek to Bay” clean-up, ILACSD, I Love a Clean San Diego
- April 20 : Earth Day, anti-tobacco advocacy, Balboa Park
- Earth Day Community Service Flyer (2)
- Earth Day press release (4)
- April TBD : “iVEY” digital media contest, SDCOE at Hazard Center
- May : Digital Media Showcase : at Otay Ranch High
- SUHSD 6th Annual DIGITAL MEDIA SHOWCASE will be held on May 1 at 6:00pm at the Otay Ranch High Pavillion. Ready to claim your fame in our district’s digital media showcase?Check out the district link for all the details! The VAPA Digital Media Showcase category for Tobacco Use Prevention Education (TUPE/Anti-Tobacco) is open to all SUHSD students.6 iPad minis will be awarded to the first and second place winners of each anti-tobacco category.Entry Guidelines: Deadline to enter is Wednesday, April 9, 2014
- May TBD: “Excellence in Prevention” Awards Dinner, FNL at SDCOE
- May 31: “World No Tobacco Day”