Making Parenting a Pleasure/Haga de la Paternidad un Placer
- Date: Each Friday from October 12- December 21/ 12 de octubre al 21 de diciembre
- Time: 8:30 to 10:30am in the MVA library/ de la manana en la biblioteca de Mar Vista Academy
- Classes designed to help parents understand the developmental stages of the children. Parents will learn practical parenting techniques to improve family communication and develop a stronger emotional connection with their children. This class will be offered in Spanish only. Clase diseñada para ayudar a los padres a entender las diferentes etapas del desarrollo de sus hijos. Aprender técnicas para mejorar la comunicación en familia y desarrollar un lazo emocional fuerte con sus hijos. CLASE EN ESPAÑOL
Free Food for Families/Comida Para Familias Gratis
How to qualify/Como calificar:
- Must be at least 16 years old/Deber tener minimo 16 anos de edad
- Must be in need of food (no proof required)/ Debe necesitar comida (No se quiere comprobante)
- Must be present during distribution/ Debe estar presente durante la distribucion
- First come, first served/ Se distribuira basado a como vayan llegando
- Mar Vista Academy – 1267 Thermal Avenue, San Diego, CA 92054
- 3:30pm-5:30pm (Food will start to be distributed at 4pm/La comida se distribuira a las 4pm)
When/Fechas de distribucion de alimentos:
- Sept. 18, 2018
- October 16, 2018
- December 18, 2018
- February 19, 2019
- March 19, 2019
- April 16, 2019
- May 21, 2019
Program sponsored by Mudd Foundation and Smart Food Foundation/
Programa patrocinado por Mudd Foundation y Smart Food Foundation
https://SouthBayCommunityServices.org Phone/Telefono: 619 420 3620
For more information/Para mas informacion por favor llame SBCS Especialista:
Aida Aleman, Intake Specialist – MVA Community Resource Center/MVA Centro de Recursos para la Comunidad.
Office/oficina: 619 628 5990
Cell/movil: 619 710 9701
Show your Viking Spirit each week:
Tuesdays wear college gear!
Thursdays wear your AVID gear!
Friday wear your Viking gear!
Event: AVID Parent Night
Date: Thursday, August 30, 2018
Time: 5:30pm- 6-:30 pm
Please join us as we share our goals and plans to have a productive year in AVID. Our presentation will include general information about our AVID program. You will hear about our plans for field trips, the habits and skills that students will work on in AVID, and how you can support the AVID program to ensure your child has a successful school year. Throughout the presentation you will be interacting with your child, for this reason it is important that he/she comes with you to this meeting.
Please join us in the library on August 17th at 8:30am for a Parent Workshop titled ‘Adolescence’.
The Mar Vista Academy Open House will be on Thursday, August 16th, 2018 from 5:30 to 7:30pm. You can meet your child’s teachers, visit classrooms and get excited about another great Viking school year!
Viking Day will take place on Friday August 17th, 2018 – wear blue or yellow to show your pride!
Click the schedule to the left to read about SUHSD Athletics!
Below you will find presentations in English and Spanish for parents who are interested in having their child participate in sports during this school year.
Sports Info.Parent Mtg.SPANISH
Sports Info.Parent Mtg ENGLISH
View important MVA Athletics updates here.
Questions? Email Deborah.Morris@sweetwaterschools.org for more information.
Students, if you are not able to connect to home Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
How to use your iPad or Lenovo Laptop device at home:
1. Ensure you log into your home wireless network successfully.
2. Look for an icon/app named SUHSD Login
3. Mobile Login screen will pop open
4. On the screen, enter the information requested
Username: STUDENT ID #
Password: Date Of Birth (8 digits)