Just like high schools, we now have an official, district-sponsored organization called the Middle School Athletic League (MSAL). Our students are able to compete against other schools within the Mesa League, which is one of two leagues that exist under the MSAL. These are the “official” school teams, and should not be confused with the school intramural programs.In order to play sports at MVA, a student must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA in academics and citizenship grades. In addition, all student-athletes must be enrolled in the VALOR Before/After School Program.
All incoming and returning student-athletes are REQUIRED to have online consents completed as part of the clearance process. Here are the basic steps to follow when registering your athlete for the first time:
NO physical tests are needed for middle school athletes.
- Go to sweetwaterschools.org
- Under Students, click Athletics. Then click Athlete Clearances on the right-hand side.
- Add a new athlete: The next step is to add an athlete. You can do so by clicking the “My Athletes” tab on the left-hand side of the page or by clicking “Add Athlete” underneath the “My Athletes” tab. This only needs to be done once during your athlete’s entire career at a school. The information entered here will carry over from year to year. This information includes your athlete’s contact information and medical information.
- The athlete’s profile: After you’ve created your athlete, you will be brought to their Profile page. This page is a summary of their info and involvement.
- Register for a sport: Click the icon “+Register For A Sport” to begin registration. You will be asked to choose which sport your athlete is registering for.
- After your student is registered, print the Athlete Profile showing all consents are completed and submit to your coach or Ms. Casillas in room 907
If you do not have insurance, a low cost ‘student accident coverage’ may be purchased using the following district approved coverage provider. Please note that ‘School Time Accident Plan’ for as low as $53 will provide the coverage your child needs to participate in our athletic program.
Currently the sports we offer are as follows:
|Fall Season (Aug – Nov)
Clearances begin –TBA
Football Tryouts– TBA
Cheer Tryouts- TBA
Cross Country Practice-TBA
|Flag Football, Cross Country, and Cheer Camp and Showcase.
|Winter Season (Oct – Feb)
Girls Basketball Tryouts- TBA.
Boys Basketball Tryouts- TBA.
Girls Soccer Tryouts- TBA.
Boys Soccer Tryouts- TBA
|Boy’s and Girl’s Soccer, Boy’s and Girl’s Basketball
|Spring Season (Feb- May)
Clearances begin – TBA
Girls Volleyball Tryouts-TBA.
Boys Volleyball Try-Outs– TBA.
|Boy’s and Girl’s Volleyball, Track and Field
Questions? Contact the athletic director at (619) 628-5150.